According to Texas Women’s Foundation’s Annual Luncheon Co-Chairs Lindsay Billingsley and Debra Hunter Johnson, “Join us online on Thursday, September 30, at noon for our 36th Texas Women’s Foundation’s Annual Luncheon with two remarkable best-selling authors, Angie Thomas and Cleo Wade and the theme ‘My Voice. My Story.’ This dynamic duo will discuss the power of each woman’s voice and story in building empathy, compassion and community in our world.
“These two Southern women will charm and inspire you with their stories and encourage you to create your own unique story in your own voice.
“Hailing from Mississippi, Angie is an author, speaker and former teen rapper. If you’ve seen the movie, The Hate U Give, she wrote this book that spent three years on The New York Times bestselling list. Maybe she will even rap for us!
“With roots in New Orleans, Cleo has been called the ‘Millennial Oprah’ by New York Magazine. Earlier this year, she released a children’s novel, What the Road Said, which has already become a New York Times chart-topper.
“Grab a group of friends, work colleagues and associates and watch over the lunch hour. A ticket starts at $36, and sponsorships are also available. For more information and to purchase a ticket, visit txwfluncheon.org.
“The Annual Luncheon is the Foundation’s principal fundraiser in support of its work to advance women’s economic security, leadership, education, health and safety in Texas through research, advocacy, programs and grantmaking.
“We want to thank these sponsors for supporting the Luncheon:
- “Target is the keynote speaker sponsor, along with the Suzanne Ahn, M.D. Speaker Endowment Fund at Texas Women’s Foundation.
- Investor: Lindsay Billingsley and Debra Hunter Johnson, Lucy C. Billingsley and CBRE
- “Leader: Toyota
- “Advocate: Deloitte, Ernst and Young and Arlene Ford
- “Community: American Airlines, AT&T, Baron and Blue Foundation, Chevron Phillips Chemical, Gibson, Dunn and Crutcher LLP, Catalina Gonzalez and Santiago Jorba, Beverly Goulet, Haynes and Boone, LLP, Insperity, Ashlee and Chris Kleinert, PepsiCo, Regions Bank, Southwest Airlines, Roslyn Dawson Thompson and Rex Thompson, Tides Foundation and UT Southwestern
- “Other sponsors are listed here.
“If you’re interested in sponsorship, check out details at txwfluncheon.org.
“Thank you in advance for your support for women and girls.”