Texas Women’s Foundation (“TXWF”) looks forward to welcoming you back to in-person events (“Events”). In midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to assure you of TXWF’s continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy environment at all our Events. We are taking additional safety measures, in accordance with CDC guidance, to protect you, your coworkers and your families from contracting and spreading COVID-19. To that end, to ensure the health, safety, and comfort of our guests, TXWF requires all event guests to follow the below safety protocols.
- We are requiring all in-person attendees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 . To be fully vaccinated, an attendee must have completed the full cycle of required doses for the vaccine administered (e.g., received the second dose in a two-dose series or one dose of a one-shot vaccine), and the attendee must have received the final dose at least 14 days before the event.
- Please do not attend an Event if (1) you tested positive for COVID-19 in the 10 days before the Event, (2) in the 10 days before the Event, you were exposed to someone who has since tested positive for COVID-19, or (3) you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Symptoms include:
- Similarly, if you develop symptoms of COVID-19 during an event, please leave the event immediately and follow the steps described below in the Section titled “What to do if you develop symptoms related to COVID-19.”
- We recommend that masks to be worn indoors, except for when actively eating or drinking.
- Social distancing will be encouraged during events.
- Hand sanitizer and masks will be made available in key areas of events for attendee use.
- TXWF will not contract with third party venues without established safety protocols that follow CDC guidelines.
What to do if you develop symptoms related to COVID-19:
If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 in the 14 days following an Event, we encourage you to contact a medical provider, undergo a COVID-19 test as soon as possible and inform TXWF of a positive test result by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, do not attend any TXWF activities until all the following occur:
- 10 days since symptoms first appeared,
- 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
- All other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving*
*Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay return to TXWF activities.
Notification Regarding COVID-19
The CDC considers an individual exposed to COVID-19 if he/she was in close contact with an individual who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19. Close contact is defined as within 6 feet of an infected person for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period (for example, three individual 5-minute exposures for a total of 15 minutes). However, considering the significant presence and heightened transmissibility of the Delta variant as well as the increased risk of transmission associated with group events, if an individual with a confirmed case of COVID-19 attended an Event, TXWF will consider all attendees at that Event to have been exposed to COVID-19.
Accordingly, TXWF will notify all Event attendees if any Event attendee notifies the Foundation of a positive test result in the 14 days after the Event. Identifying characteristics of the infected individual (e.g. name) will remain confidential. Notification will be sent via e-mail to all attendees.
What to do if you cannot attend an Event due to a COVID-19 diagnosis, a positive COVID-19 test result, COVID-19 symptoms, or COVID-19 exposure:
- Please do not hesitate to ask someone else who can adhere to all COVID-19 policies to attend in your absence. Please notify email@example.com of planned attendee substitutions.
- The cost of tickets/sponsorships of an event are considered a donation upon purchase, and standard policy is not to refund these contributions. The Foundation will take a case-by-case approach to refund requests.
Assumption of Risk
Even though TXWF has implemented enhanced safety protocols, given the highly contagious nature of COVID-19, attending an Event involves the risk of exposure to or contraction of COVID-19, which may cause serious injury, loss of work, or death. By signing below, you acknowledge these risks and knowingly and voluntarily assume these risks.
Waiver and Release
By registering to attend our event(s), you hereby waive, release, and forever discharge any and all liability, claims, or demands, of whatever nature, now known or hereafter known, against TXWF and its employees and affiliates (collectively the “Releasees”), on account of injury, illness, death, or loss of work arising out of or attributable to your presence at any Event, including any exposure to or contraction of COVID-19, whether arising out of the negligence of TXWF or any other Releasee or otherwise. You promise not to make or bring any such claim against TXWF or any other Releasee, and forever release and discharge TXWF and all other Releasees from liability under such claims.
If you violate this covenant, you agree to pay all costs and fees, including attorney’s fees, that TWXF incurs arising out of your violation of the covenant. This Release of Liability is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. If any part of this Release of Liability is held to be invalid or legally unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this provision and contract shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid and fully enforceable.
By registering, you acknowledge that you have read and understood and voluntarily agree to abide by all the terms of this Meeting and Event Health & Safety Protocol and Release of Liability.